10 Window Cleaning Tips for the Summer
Window cleaning can be a daunting task, but with the right tips it can be a lot easier. It is important to clean your windows regularly to keep them looking their best. It can be a hassle, but it’s a necessary evil. Especially during the summer when the sun is shining and the windows are constantly dirty. Not only do clean windows look better, but they also help to keep your home cooler.
Here are 10 tips to make window cleaning a little bit easier-and a little less time consuming.
- Start with a clean window. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to start with a clean surface. Otherwise, you’ll just be moving dirt and grime around. Use a mild soap and water solution to clean the window.
- Use the right tools. In order to get a streak-free finish, you’ll need to use the right tools. A good quality squeegee is a must. You’ll also need a soft cloth or sponge to wipe down the edges. Make sure your sponge is clean-a dirty sponge will just make things worse.
- Use a lint-free cloth. When drying the window, use a lint-free cloth. A microfiber cloth works well. Otherwise, you’ll end up with lint all over your window. Use a circular motion to dry the window.
- Work in small sections. When cleaning the window, work in small sections. Otherwise, the soap solution will dry before you have a chance to wipe it off. You don’t want to miss any spots.
- Use even strokes. When squeegeeing the window, use even strokes. Start at the top of the window and work your way down. Use a side-to-side motion. Wipe the blade of the squeegee after each stroke.
- Dry the edges. Make sure to dry the edges of the window. Use a clean cloth or sponge to wipe down the edges. You don’t want any water dripping down the sides of the window.
- Clean the screen. Don’t forget to clean the window screen. Use a mild soap and water solution to clean the screen. You can also vacuum the screen with the upholstery attachment. This will remove any dust or dirt.
- Clean the outside of the window. Don’t forget to clean the outside of the window. If you have a second story, you’ll need to use a ladder. Be careful not to damage the window.
- Use a vinegar solution. If you’re looking for a natural way to clean your windows, use a vinegar solution. Mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution on the window and wipe it clean.
- Get professional help. If you’re not comfortable cleaning your own windows, get professional help. Hiring a window cleaning service is a great way to get streak-free results.
These are just a few window cleaning tips to help you get started. With a little bit of elbow grease, you can have clean windows in no time. Just remember to take your time and be careful. Window washing can be a tricky business. But with these tips, you’ll be a pro in no time. Happy cleaning!
Ascension Home Services
10014 Paseo Montril, San Diego, CA 92129, United States