Gutter Cleaning: What to Do if You Encounter a Gutter Blockage
You may be experiencing a blockage in your rain gutter. This can happen when leaves, twigs, dirt, and other debris clog the gutters and prevent water from running off the roof properly. If this is happening to you then it’s important that you act quickly before too much of your property becomes damaged. There are some steps that you can take for gutter cleaning to unclog a blocked rain gutter if necessary!
Steps to unclog your rain gutter:
1) Remove obvious debris – If you can see leaves, twigs, or any other visible debris in the gutter then this is what is causing the blockage. You can use a rake or leaf blower to remove most of these things but be careful not to damage the gutters in the process.
2) Scoop it out – If there isn’t much room around where you are able to safely work on gutter cleaning then you may want to consider using an extendable aluminum scoop that attaches to a long pole. These can sometimes get through smaller areas more easily than rakes or leaf blowers can.
3) Call a professional – If it’s clear that large roots or animals may be to blame for your blocked gutters then use extreme caution if attempting to remove them yourself. Not only can it be dangerous but, there is also no guarantee that you will get all of the ways to the source of the blockage without needing more equipment or assistance. It is often more cost-effective in these cases to call on a reputable company that is experienced with clearing out rain gutters down at their source, rather than trying to do it from up above ground level.
4) Use specialized gutter cleaners – There are some products available that can help solve even some of the most stubborn blockages. These products are designed to break down materials like leaves and other debris that might be present in your gutters and prevent water from running off properly.
What to do if your rain gutters keep getting blocked:
1) Do nothing: If there is an obvious accumulation of fallen foliage or dirt build-up, without any damage occurring then it’s fine just to wait until spring comes along and all those hazards naturally disappear.
2) Keep up on regular maintenance: If you can see that there is some kind of problem with your gutters such as an obvious build-up of foliage or debris sometimes, but it isn’t causing any damage then it makes sense to keep up with the regular cleaning and clearing out of your gutters. You can either do this yourself or hire a reputable gutter cleaning company to do it for you depending on the size and scale of your property and how easy access is to your gutter area.
3) Get repairs done: If there is obvious damage present in your gutters like cracked or broken areas, leaks, or even parts that have come loose from where they should be fixed, using long-lasting sealants and screws then it’s time to call in a professional. These kinds of problems are often caused by accidents or the accumulation of debris over time but, they can also be caused through any one of many different reasons.
4) Get gutter guards installed: Getting gutter guards installed is highly effective at keeping rain gutters clear because once attached they prevent anything from getting into your rain gutters. This means that you won’t have to worry about leaves, twigs, or even small animals getting stuck inside them. You can get gutter guards fitted by a professional company who are experienced in installing these kinds of products down at the source – where they are needed most!
10014 Paseo Montril, San Diego, CA 92129