Affordable Window Cleaning Hacks
Window cleaners can be expensive, but they’re a necessary evil for keeping your home looking spick and span. Here are affordable window cleaning hacks that help you get the job done without breaking the bank.
1. Use white vinegar. Vinegar is a great natural alternative to chemical-based window cleaners. Simply mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle and use it to clean your windows.
2. Make your own DIY window cleaner. If you’re looking for a more environmentally friendly option, try making your own window cleaner using ingredients like lemon juice, water, and rubbing alcohol.
3. Use a lint-free cloth. When cleaning your windows, be sure to use a lint-free cloth, or else you’ll end up with streaks. An old t-shirt or a microfiber cloth works well for this purpose.
4. Invest in a good squeegee. A good squeegee will help you get a streak-free finish on your windows. Be sure to invest in a quality squeegee and don’t skimp on the blade!
5. Clean your windows on a cloudy day. When cleaning windows, the sun can cause streaks, so it’s best to do it on a cloudy day.
6. Use a credit card to get rid of streaks. If you find that your windows are still streaked after cleaning them, try running a credit card along the edges to get rid of any residual soap or cleaner.
7. Polish your windows with baby oil. For a streak-free shine, polish your clean windows with a small amount of baby oil.
8. Use coffee filters to clean windows. Believe it or not, coffee filters make great window cleaning clothes! They’re absorbent and won’t leave behind any lint.
9. Get rid of hard water stains with vinegar. Vinegar is also effective at removing hard water stains from windows. Simply soak a cloth in vinegar and water and scrub the stain until it disappears.
10. Use WD-40 to clean windows. WD-40 can be used for more than just lubricating things–it’s also great for cleaning windows! Simply spray it on and wipe it off with a clean cloth.